NeoAxis 2019.3 was just released. NeoAxis is a free C# powered 3D game engine with an editor capable of targeting Windows and UWP platforms currently with more planned in the roadmap. The 2019.3 release brings several major new features such as a new terrain system and a built in 3D building for assembling geometry directly inside the game engine.
Details from the changelog:
- API of the engine and the editor have been updated. Now they are considered complete.
- Builder 3D. Fast level creation tools, 3D modeling tools, constructive solid geometry operations.
- Three ways to create objects in the scene are now available: Drag & Drop, By Click, By Brush.
- Tools for creation a huge amount of objects.
- Surface component. A definition of surface type which contains material, set of meshes and other objects. Surfaces are used for painting and object creation by means brush.
- Group Of Objects component. An object in a scene designed to store and display a large number of similar objects.
- Material: Advanced blending. The ability to configure which channels to write to the G-Buffer. Used for decals.
- Per-object motion blur.
- Smooth LOD transition.
- Area component. Represents an area in space defined by the set of points.
- Layers in the scene.
- Package manager has been added.
- Support for creating a build for the target platform has been improved. Now scripts and engine add-ons are supported. The process of creating a build is simplified. The page about build in manual has been added.
- Build for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) has been improved.
- Engine DLL assemblies management has been improved. Now unnecessary assemblies are not loaded into the simulation, thereby reducing the load on garbage collector.
- C# Editor: Work with CS files has been improved. Now changes are synchronized between files. Now there are no invalid warning markers.
- C# Editor: The ability to customize the visibility of markers has been added.
- Occlusion query API has been added.
- Lens flares now use occlusion queries to detect visibility on the screen.
- Lens flares now appear and disappear smoothly.
- The ability to change video mode, fullscreen mode, vertical sync in the player app.
- Editor: Tool tips for events.
- Editor: Many small fixes.
- Material Editor: Access to TexCoord 2 and 3 from the shader editor.
- Material Editor: DitherBlending function.
- Objects Window: Search.
- Scene Editor: Select same objects in sphere area by mouse double click.
- Vignetting screen effect: Noise.
- Bug fix: Physics: No collision between soft bodies and rigid mesh shapes.
- Bug fix: Scene Editor: Unable to detach the object when it contains collision body.
- Bug fix: Screen Space Reflection effect fixed.
You can learn more about the release and see NeoAxis in action in the video below.