Unity have just released their latest beta, Unity 2019.2, now available in the Beta Releases tab in the Unity Hub. So shortly after GDC 2019, there aren’t many surprises in this release.
Highlights from the Unity 2019.2 release:
- Optimized frame pacing on Android
- Screen brightness control on iOS and Android
- Improved screen cutout support (notches and chins)
- Polybrush 1.0.0 package
- Several features moved from editor to packages
- LWRP improvements with experimental 2D renderer with pixel perfect and lighting
- Intel Open Image Denoise support
- GPU Lightmapper Improvements
- NVIDIA OPTIX Denoiser improvements
- New Cloud User Diagnostics
- Unity Distribution Portal
Learn more about this release in the video below.