The road map for the Atomic Game Engine, which we looked at late last year, was just released and highlights upcoming developments for the engine.
DISCLAIMER: As with most roadmaps, this one is subject to change. This is a snapshot of current planning and priorities, things get moved around, opportunities happen, etc. It is also not “complete”
- New WebSite - We need a new website, badly. The main page and landing video have not been updated since the initial March 4th Early Access!
- New User Experience, documentation and tutorial videos
- Improved iOS/Android deployment with support for shipping on App Store/Google Play. We also plan on publishing a mobile iOS/Android example
- Continued work on editor asset pipeline, scene editor, etc
- Script debugging with breakpoints, callstacks, locals, etc, including on device
- First class TypeScript support with round trip code editing, compiling, debugging
- Basic Oculus Rift support (Q2)
- Multiple top level windows for the Atomic Editor
- Improvements to the new Chromium WebView API
- Examples, examples, examples, including a bigger “full game” example
- Animation Editor
- Evaluate lightmap generation with Blender cycles
- The things that need to happen, or are under NDA, and are not listed on this roadmap :)
In addition to the roadmap, a thorough history of the engine and the company people it are available here.