Pixologic have released version 2020.1 of their long running sculpting application ZBrush. Along side the ZBrush release they now have a fully functioning 30 day trial available for download here.
Details of the 2020.1 release:
- XTractor Brushes - Convert detail from your model into a new alpha or texture for reuse elsewhere.
- HistoryRecall Brush - Project a model’s Undo History to another model regardless of topology differences.
- Sculpt & Paint in Morph UV - You can now paint and even sculpt directly on a model’s flattened UV shell.
- Move Infinite Depth - Affect anything that is directly inline with the brush cursor, no matter how far from the camera.
- Texture Adjust Color - Adjust the colors in a model’s texture on the fly, modifying hue, intensity, contrast, gamma or tint.
- PolyPaint Adjust Color - Same as above, but for PolyPaint. These features include eight color channels to easily restrict your changes to certain areas.
- Wall Thickness Analysis - Instantly know what parts of a model are too thin for successful 3D printing, or thicker than necessary.
- Real-Time Draft Analysis - Easily identify and fix portions of the model that would lock up when used in two part molding or CNC printing.
- Calculate Surface Area - ZBrush can now provide you with the bounding box size, mesh volume and surface area, check for watertight integrity and help calculate real-world material needs.
- Cam View - Always know how your model sits relative to XYZ space. Includes one-click buttons for snapping to orthagonal views.
- Real-Time Silhouette View - Turn on a picture-in-picture window that displays your model’s silhouette in real-time, or see how it “reads” from a distance.
- ZeeZoo - Mannequins have gone wild, with a library of animal figures to help you compose scenes of all kinds.
- Deco Curve Brush - The classic Deco Brush for 2.5D painting is now available as a 3D sculpting brush.
- Model Paint Fade Opacity - If a model’s PolyPaint or texture is making it hard for you to see the sculpted details you can now partially fade the color or even hide it altogether.
- No Back & Forth Mode - Zigzagging brush strokes can now build up in one direction, only. This mode also combines with LazyMouse Backtrack for unique effects.
- New Import/Export Options Window - Easier control when importing or exporting and support for even more formats, all in one place.
You can learn more about the 2020.1 release and free trial in the video below.
Art GameDev News