Google have just released Android Studio 3.6. Android Studio is Google’s recommended way to develop Android applications. It’s an IDE derived from JetBrain’s IntelliJ IDEA IDE with additional tools specifically for Android development.
Android Studio 3.6 changes include:
- Updated design tools (split screen design view and colour picker)
- Updates to the Android Gradle plugin
- Win32 support deprecated
- Update to support IntelliJ 2019.2
- Multiple screen support in the emulator
- Kotlin support improvements
- Leak detection in Memory Profiler
- Emulator improvements
- New Automotive project templates
You can read the full release notes here. You can download Android Studio for Windows, Mac, Chrome OS and Linux here. Learn more about Android Studio and the 3.6 release in the video below.
GameDev News Programming