The long running open source GIMP, or GNU Image Manipulation Program, just released version 2.10.18. After skipping the release of 2.10.16 due to a critical bug, there is a fair bit in this release.
Release features include:
- Tools are now grouped in the toolbox by default
- Sliders now use a compact style with improved user interaction
- Vastly improved user experience for the transformation preview
- Dockable areas now highlighted when a dockable dialog is being dragged
- New 3D Transform tool to rotate and pan items
- Much smoother brush outline preview motion on the canvas
- Symmetry painting enhancements
- Faster loading of ABR brushes
- PSD support improvements
- Consolidated user interface for merging down and anchoring layers
- Update check to notify users of new releases available
- 28 bug fixes, 15 translation updates
You can learn more about the 2.10.18 release in the release notes available here. GIMP is available for download on Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD and Solaris. GIMP is open source under the GPL v3 license with source details available here. You can learn more about GIMP and the 2.10.18 update in the video below.
Art GameDev News