PixelORama is a free, open source (MIT licensed) pixel art application written using the Godot game engine in GDScript. Version 0.5 was just recently released with the following features:
- Choosing between 6 tools – pencil, eraser, fill bucket, lighten/darken, color picker and rectangle select – and mapping them to both of your left and right mouse buttons.
- Different colors and brush sizes for each of the mouse buttons.
- Support of two types of custom brushes: "From files" and "per project" brushes. Custom brushes from files get loaded from the "Brushes" folder that comes with Pixelorama, and per project brushes get saved with the rectangle select tool.
- Creating a new canvas with a size of your choosing.
- Are you an animator? Then you've come to the right place! Pixelorama has its own Animation Timeline just for you!
- Import images and edit them inside Pixelorama. If you import multiple files, they will be added as individual animation frames.
- Export your gorgeous art in PNG format.
- Save snd open your projects as Pixelorama's custom file format, .pxo
- Undo/Redo support!
- Horizontal & vertical mirrored drawing!
- Tile Mode for pattern creation!
- Split screen mode to see your masterpiece twice! And a mini canvas preview area to see it thrice!
- Create straight lines for pencil and eraser by holding down Shift while you draw.
- The middle mouse wheel isn’t forgotten, you can use it to pan around the canvas and by scrolling up and down, you can zoom in and out!
- Keyboard shortcuts! I’m pretty sure this is a lifesaver for most of you.
- Just like onions, Pixelorama has a multiple layer system! You can add, remove, move up and down, clone and merge as many layers as you like! It is also possible to rename them!
- Rulers and guides!
- Scale, crop and flip your images!
- Greek localization support!
You can learn more and download it here on Itch.io, while the source code is available on GitHub. You can learn more and see Pixelorama in action in the video below.
Art GameDev News