The Game Creators have just released the AppGameKit Studio: Particle Editor, which despite the name will work with both AppGameKit Classic and the newer AppGameKit Studio. It is a combination editor and runtime making creating and controlling particle systems for AGK a breeze.
Key features include:
- Create effects with as little as 1,000 to 1 million particles
- Emitter types include box, circle, disc, filled sphere, spherical shell, line
- Burst emitters for explosions and sparks
- Particle type settings from size, colours, lifespan and more
- Animated image particle support
- Particle blend modes supported, opaque, alpha, additive
- Particle colouring controlled using gradients
- Particle orientation control
- Turbulence system
- Vector field controls, paint, push, attract, repel, swirl
- Function packed runtime code for your projects (Win, Mac & Linux)
- Custom textures and gradients supported
- Reflector system used to bounce particles off floors and walls
The Particle Editor is available as DLC with an MSRP of $30 USD. If you are interested in checking out AppGameKit Studio, be sure to check out our hands-on getting started tutorial series available here or check out the video below.