CryTek have released version 5.6.3 of CryEngine, primarily a bug fix release.
Details from the release notes:
- Optimized: The attached characters cache to only update when attachments change.
- Fixed: An issue with the max view distance render node property (not being propagated through attachment hierarchies).
- Fixed: Saving the level and generating an environment probe, triggers an assertion failure (NavigationSystem.cpp L 1172) and a warning which will pop up endlessly (Editor background thread is still running) making the Editor unusable.
- Tweaked: Updated to Wwise SDK v2019.1.4.
- Fixed: Work around for compiler error with rsqrt_fast in VS 2019 16.3.
- Fixed: Compiler error with if_else_zero. if_else and if_else_zero are now overloaded to optimally use int or float version of SSE "and" intrinsic.
- Fixed: Added missing include for RoomscaleCamera.
- Fixed: Disabled Oculus VR plugin when using VS2019 16.3.0 (due to compilation issue)
- Tweaked: Fix Oculus VR plugin version check and comments.
- Tweaked: Build error when using MSVCs Edit And Continue feature.
Graphics and Rendering
- Optimized: (Particles) Removed ILINE on huge SNoise and other functions.
- Fixed: (EE): Unable to switch between presets open in two docked EE instances.
Plugins and Projects
- Fixed: The player entity is not correctly spawned when loading subsequent levels in the Sandbox.
The 5.6.3 release also has some know issues to be aware of:
- Oculus VR Plugin cannot be compiled with Visual Studio 2019 v16.3.0.
- Starting a C++ Plugin only project in Editor/Game Launcher causes a crash.
- Drag and dropping brushes or entities with children into another layer crashes the Editor.
- Turning on the "Ambient" light option for the Point Light entity component triggers asserts and sometimes causes crashes.
If you are interested in learning more about CryEngine 5.6 in general, be sure to watch the video below. The update is available in the CryEngine launcher.