The cross platform open source Java based game framework libGDX just released version 1.9.10. If you are interested in learning libGDX we have a comprehensive tutorial series available here and a video series available here. While the tutorials are a few years old, libGDX is a mature framework that has stayed relatively stable over time, so they should still be perfectly valid. This release updates several of the dependencies to newer versions as well as an update to the Gradle build system.
Highlight details of the release include:
- GWT update to 2.8.2
- MobiVM release 2.3.7
- Lwjgl 3.2.1
- Lots of QOL and bug fixes for GWT backend
- Better iOS backend customization
- PixmapPacker features like NinePatch and whitespace stripping
- InstancedRendering support via Mesh and InstanceBufferObjects
- SCENE2D (Standard tweaks and improvements across the board)
- Gradle updates to latest
Full release notes and details are available here.