PlayCanvas, a 3D HTML powered game engine, just released version 1.6. This version adds new sprite and texture atlas APIs, derivative mapping, CricleCI support as well as several fixes and performance improvements.
Details of the release from the Github release notes:
- [ADDED] Make sprite and texture atlas APIs public
- [ADDED] Support for derivative mapping that requires no tangent vertex attribute. Only enabled for primitives at the moment.
- [ADDED] Add
pc.SORTMODE_CUSTOM as new layer sort mode
- [ADDED] Enable CircleCI support for running ESLint and unit tests
- [FIX] Fix bug which can lead to NaN drawOrder in element
- [FIX] Make sure drawOrder and layers properties are cloned in sprite component
- [FIX] Entity references not resolved when Entity#clone() is called
- [FIX] Lots of ESLint errors
- [PERFORMANCE] Remove redundant IE11 workaround for no UNSIGNED_BYTE support for vertexAttribPointer
- [PERFORMANCE] Defer primitive mesh creation until needed
- [PERFORMANCE] Refactor pc.GraphicsDevice constructor
If you are interested in learning more about PlayCanvas, be sure to check out our recent 3D tutorial, our older Closer Look or our recent look at the recently added 2D functionality.