CryEngine 5.5 just got a step closer with today’s release of Preview 5. Beyond bumps to a few SDK dependencies, 5.5 preview 5 is mostly composed of fixes. New features include a new lens flare effect and a screen fader post effect.
- Updated to Wwise SDK v2017.2.6 build 6636.
- Updated to Fmod Studio 1.10.06.
- Updated Oculus spatializer plugin for Wwise 1.27.0.
- New: View dist ratio for clip volumes.
- New: Added feature light lens flare.
- New: Screenfader post-process effect.
- Fixed: Bug where m_fZoomDistanceSq would change during successive render passes and cause culling of attachments during skinning.
- Fixed: Map load causes collider component settings to change.
- Fixed: Crash when opening a certain Particle Effect.
- Fixed: Missing WaterDDN in vertex-shader.
- Fixed: Cubemap rendering.
- Fixed: SVOGI in combination with forward tiled.
- Fixed: Temporal AA jitters.
- Fixed: Clip volumes for fog volumes
- Fixed: Emitters not activating properly (muzzle flashes etc.).
- Fixed: C# solution not being generated for non-C# projects in the Sandbox Editor (when the first C# file is added).
- Fixed: Crash in obtaining help info in python module after VS 2017.7 compilation. Autocomplete data is generated by pythoneditor.generate_pythoneditor_autocomplete_files.
- Fixed: .level.cryasset file is not generated after upgrading levels from .cry to .level.
- Fixed: Not enough occlusion if offline voxelization for GI is used.
You can read more about the 5.5 Preview 5 release here.