CryEngine 5.5.0 Preview 4 has just been released. Keep in mind that “preview” tag, this is considered an under development patch and should not be used in production. If you haven’t checked out CryEngine in some time, be sure to check out our hands-on with CryEngine 5.4 video, this engine has changed a lot in the last year or two.
Details of changes and improvements in the release from the release notes:
- Fixed: Old parts of the navigation area stay in the map when the area is moved (while navmesh updates are disabled and then enabled again).
- Fixed: Static Mesh Entity mass defaults to 0.
- Fixed: Camera Component overrides view camera in edit mode.
- Tweaked: Allow to scale Debug Draw-text (depending on camera-distance).
- Fixed: Saving Flowgraph modules between level loading causes crash.
Graphics and Rendering
- Fixed: Error in Pfx1 that causes effects with incomplete parameters to spawn particles indefinitely.
- New: Added the SerializeValueAttribute to mark properties and fields for serialization (without exposing them to the Sandbox Editor Properties Panel).
- New: Added missing mouse input to the Mouse class.
- New: Added an extra CRYENGINE Mono extension that solves the issue of missing assemblies (e.g. Clide.Interfaces) in the latest version of Visual Studio 2017.
- Optimized: Improve the ToString() method of the Rect struct.
- Optimized: Use Vector2 instead of Point in some cases.
- Fixed: C# PhysicsEntity does not return the right value for PhysicalizationType after it has been physicalized.
- Fixed: Crash when deleting a C# Component that's also currently in the level.
- Fixed: Minor bugs in the C# debugging extension.
- Fixed: Serializing properties when reloading the C# plugins.
- Fixed: Several types of properties (Character, ActionMap and ActionMapAction) not being exposed correctly in the Sandbox Editor.
- Tweaked: Expose Flags property on the Character class.
- Fixed: Prevent cloth from falling asleep if affected by environmental wind.
- New: (Designer Tool) Ruler Tool - Added more distances to display and removed obsolete pathfinding information.
- Fixed: Rotating a brush/prefab in world-space (before scaling it uniformly) breaks the scale on its rotated axis.
- Fixed: Double clicking a level in the Asset Browser does not load the corresponding level.
- Fixed: Assert triggers when using "save as" on a newly created Schematyc Entity.
- Tweaked: Disable Substance Rebuilding all Instances context menu (if there are no instances). Disable Re-import context menu if asset does not have source file.
- Fixed: Color output for screenshots.
- Fixed: (Mesh Importer) Mesh Importer cannot save file to folders that do not exist on the disk.
- Tweaked: (EngineAssets) Renamed primitive_plane_small to primitive_plane.