Amazon have just released version 1.14 of their Lumberyard game engine. Lumberyard is derived from the CryEngine game engine, you can learn more about Lumberyard in our revised hands-on video available here. While Lumberyard 1.14 is not a gigantic release, it does contain some huge new features including:
- Support for Visual Studio 2017 in addition to Visual Studio 2015
- New variable system for the Script Canvas visual programming language
- New bookmark system for Script Canvas
- New virtual gamepad gem for touch screen on screen controller support
- New EMotion FX morph target animation system
- New component entities:
- Wind Volume
- Sky Cloud
- Force Volume
- New particle emitter component
There are several other smaller improvements and fixes that are all detailed in the release notes available here. You can download the Lumberyard installer here.
Do be aware, in addition to the pre-requisites defined in the Project Configurator, you also need to have MFC support installed in Visual Studio, which is not included by default. The following video goes hands-on with the new release and also shows how to add MFC to Visual Studio 2017. Be sure you have done this before creating a new project, or it will fail.