CryEngine 5.5 preview 2 was just released. Keep in mind this is a preview release so expect some bugs and glitches. In fact there’s a list of known issues:
- Anim: Save/load breaks default character movement - note: singleplayer only).
- Save: Using Save as... after a save makes brushes disappear and unusable.
- Rendering: Resizing the Properties Panel corrupts rendering in the Character Tool.
- Designer: Designer surfaces are invisible or flicker during edit mode and after.
- Global VFX: Switching layers breaks particles, visuals and audio for them.
- Area: VisArea does not hide objects outside of the area.
- Substance: Creating a substance graph preset does not create the related texture files (diff, spec, ddna, etc.).
- DX12: Various issues related to DX12.
- Vulkan: Various issues related to Vulkan.
- VR: Currently not working.
- C#: Memory corruption can occur after reloading scripts in Sandbox, resulting in possible crashes and undefined behavior.
Of course, the release isn’t just a collection of new issues, the release also includes:
- Fixed: Wwise implementation now uses proper MSVC libraries during linking in regards to the used compiler toolset.
- Fixed: Clang compiler error.
- Fixed: Crash when opening a certain Particle Effect.
- Fixed: Crash in Trackview.
- Fixed: Crash when ungrouping an empty group.
- Fixed: Crash when extracting objects from a prefab.
- Fixed: Crash when renaming imported textures.
- Fixed: Creating a substance graph preset does not create the related texture files.
- Fixed: Warnings when reloading item scripts in GameSDK.
- Fixed: Message notification for the texture compiler may not dissappear.
- Fixed: (FBX Importer) Mesh importer cannot save new files.
- Fixed: (Terrain Editor) Painting terrain texture does not work if "Mask by Altitude and Slope" checkbox is enabled.
- Fixed: (Schematyc) Switched the logic of Equal and NotEqual.
You can read more about the release here while you can download the release here.