Cocos Creator 1.9 has just been released. Cocos Creator is a full game development IDE for creating cross platform 2D games built on top of the Cocos2d-x framework. If you are interested in learning more about Cocos Creator, be sure to check out our most recent hands-on video. The 1.9 release brings several new features and bug fixes, the largest of which is the addition of two new platforms of sorts, Facebook Instant Games and QQ Play in beta form.
Details of the release from the release notes:
- Support for Facebook Instant Games, [see Documentation] (http://www.cocos2d-x.org/docs/creator/manual/en/publish/publish-fb-instant-games.html37)
- Support QQ Play, [See Documentation] (http://www.cocos2d-x.org/docs/creator/manual/en/publish/publish-qqplay.html10)
- [Editor] Assets panel directly supports copy and paste resources (via right-click menu or shortcut keys)
- [Editor] In the scene editor’s Rect edit mode, support for dragging a node’s white space, easy to change the value of the anchor
- [Editor] Added “Sync” button to the particle component’s Property inspector. Clicking Sync will set the Custom parameter to be the same as File. (Synchronize button is only available if you check Custom and set File)
- [Editor] Adds scale property to Timeline to facilitate editing of both scaleX and scaleY
- [Engine] PhysicsManager Adds FIXED_TIME_STEP and MAX_ACCUMULATOR Parameters
- [Engine] [Web] Fixed an issue where the input box could not pop up in some MIUI browsers
- [Engine] Fix the issue that the audio may not stop after checking MD5 build
- [Engine] Fixed issue where Label’s stroke may be truncated by one pixel
- [Engine] Fixed an issue with exception-free messages in the cc.Class constructor
- [Engine] [Animation] Fixed issue where one frame would be played less when the Animation component switched animations or manually set the AnimationState time
- [Engine] [Wechat] Fixes Failed to Use Remote Service Loading After iOS Wechat Mini Game Native Code Pack Exceeding 4MB
- As of v1.8.2, cc.eventManager is no longer recommended. Use cc.EventTarget or cc.systemEvent instead. The original API will be removed in 2.0.
- As of v1.8.2, cc.inputManager is no longer recommended. Use the same interface as cc.systemEvent instead. The original API will be removed in 2.0.
- As of v1.8.2, dragonBones.CCFactory.getFactory is no longer recommended. Please use dragonBones.CCFactory.getInstance instead. The original API will be removed in 2.0.
- When copying and pasting resources in the Assets panel, the resource properties will still not be copied. (Since 1.9.0)
- On a native platform, calling the
action.easing(cc.ease***) method may cause the node’s logical data to be out of sync. Please use
cc.ease***(action) instead. (Since 1.8.2)
Cocos Creator is available for download here for both Mac and Windows.