Xamarin just announced the release of UrhoSharp 1.8. UrhoSharp is a set of C# bindings of the Urho3D open source game engine, an engine I reviewed a couple of years back as part of the Closer Look series. With UrhoSharp 1.8 they brought the bindings to parity with Urho 1.7, the most recent release. A major focus of this release is supporting augmented reality, using both ARKit and ARCore libraries.
A small selection of the new features added in Urho3D 1.7 ( and thus UrhoSharp 1.8 ) include:
- Inverse kinematics support.
- Bullet RaycastVehicle support.
- AppleTV platform support.
- WebAssembly support on the Web platform.
- IME support on Linux platform.
- Several font rendering improvements and TypoGraphy sample.
- WebP image loading support.
- Sparse navigation meshes and navmesh streaming support.
This is just a small sample of new functionality. For the full list be sure to check out the release notes available here.