Everyone’s favourite GLSL shader website ShaderToy just got closer to full release with the release of version 0.9.9. ShaderToy is a great online repository of GLSL shaders, see them in action in your browser, tweak the settings or even share your own. One of the nicest features of this release is only shaders that actually compile will be made available to the public!
Details from the release notes:
- Added shader statistics to user’s profile page
- Added playlist to see all previous Shaders of the Week : https://www.shadertoy.com/playlist/week
- Added playlist to see all previous Featured Shaders : https://www.shadertoy.com/playlist/featured
- Added links in the welcome page to access previous Shaders of the Week and Featured Shaders
- Input Selection dialog show only legal inputs for Sound shaders
- Only shaders that compile can be made public
- Fixed global mute
- Fixed keyboard state
- Fixed error reports in the correct line
I previously featured ShaderToy in the GameDev ToolBox video series, the video is embedded below.