Cocos2d-x, the popular C++ port of the Cocos2D game framework, just released version 3.16. This release brings better support for Cocos Creator, which you can see in action in this video. The release also includes several fixed and minor new features as well as the discontinuation of support for two platforms, Tizen and Windows 10 Metro. If you are interested in learning more about Cocos2d-x be sure to check out our tutorial series available here.
Highlights of 3.16 release:
- better support
creator_to_cocos2dx Creator plugin
- add LayerRadiaGradientLayer
- update to support Android Studio 2.3.3
- fix the issue that lua projects will crash on iOS simulator with Xcode 8.0+
- revert functionality of CocosStudio reader and flatbuffer
- fix compling errors with iOS 11
- use prebuit bullet libraries to improve compiling speed
- remove supporting of Windows 10 metro, Windows Phones and Tizen
- update to Spine v3.5.35 and support skeleton batching in web engine
You can learn more about this release here. Cocos2d-x is free and open source, more details available here.