Cocos2D-x 3.15 was released today. Cocos2D-x is a cross platform 2D game framework written in C++. If you want to learn Cocos2D-x we have a complete tutorial series available here. This new release updates a number of the underlying dependencies as well as adding support for Android Studio, Google’s version of IntelliJ IDEA which recently received C++ support.
Details from the release notes:
- full Android Studio supports: include editing, compiling and debugging c++ codes: doc
- audio engine uses tremolo and MP3 Decoder Library to decode audio files on Android: high performance and more adaptable to different Android devices
- WebSockets and SocketIO supports SSL
- AssetsManagerEx is more stable
- update Spine runtime to v3.5.35
- update flatbuffer to v1.5
- remove support for Windows 8.1 store and phone
- update OpenSSL to v1.1.0
- remove linux 32-bit support
Cocos2d-x is available for download here.