New to this particular release are:
• Support for Atomic C# scripting on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS
• Visual Studio and Xamarin Studio integration (with VSCode support coming soon!)
• Updated to TypeScript 2.0
• Physically Based Rendering (PBR) - Thanks to @dragonCASTjosh
• New examples and project templates
• Updated to Urho3D 1.6 and SDL 2.0.4 with a great number of platform improvements
• Updated to to Monaco VSCode editor 0.6
• Bug fixes, improvements, and optimization
Thunderbeast Games LLC have put together a demo reel of the major new features added to engine in 2016 viewable below.
The Atomic Game Engine is available here while the source is available on Github.