Crytek have just released CryEngine 5.2, their now open source AAA 3D game engine. CryEngine 5.2 brings a number of new features, one that will be huge for Blender users, the FBX importer now has full material and animation support making CryEngine useable without using their exporter plugins.
Major features of this release are:
- FBX importer now supports animation and materials (video link)
- VCloth 2.0 cloth simulator (video link)
- Constraints on live characters
- New C++ starter template (fps, tps, sidescroller, top down, rolling ball physics)
- Documentation improvements
- Window shell extensions for launching projets
- CryPlugin system beta
- Sandbox UI notification center
- Viewpont gizmo in sandbox
- Particle Editor new UI
- Simplified project creation and Management
- Extended analytical occluders support
- Detailed screen space shadows (DSSS) officially supported
You can read the full release notes here.