As part of their recently launched GPUOpen collection, AMD have released a beta preview open source implementation of Khronos OpenVX. OpenVX is an API for computer vision.
Features from this release:
- The code is highly optimized for both x86 CPU and OpenCL for GPU
- Supported hardware spans the range from low power embedded APUs (like the new G series) to laptop, desktop and workstation graphics
- Supports Windows and Linux
- Includes a “graph optimizer” that looks at the entire processing pipeline and removes/replaces/merges functions to improve performance and minimize bandwidth at runtime
- Scripting support allows for rapid prototyping, without re-compiling at production performance levels
- Interoperates with the popular (open source library) OpenCV
The current release version is 0.9 (beta preview).