Unity just released the first patch for Unity 5.3.
From the release notes:
- (706098) - Compute: Improved compute shader import times, particularly on Windows (since 5.1 we were always compiling them for GL4.3+GLES3.1 too, while most people only need DX11).
- (754898) - GI: Light probes and ambient (everything with SH calculations) match ground truth more closely now.
- IL2CPP: Optimize method prologues for code size and incremental builds.
- SceneManagement: Add Scene.GetRootGameObjects() to return the root game objects of the scene.
- SceneManagement: Add SceneManager.CreateScene() API to allow creating new empty scene at runtime
- tvOS: Enable Dynamic GI
- iOS: Enable bitcode support by default.
- (687655) - Core: Fixed: Not ignoring '~' folders in projects
- (none) - Android: Fixed NullReferenceException on x86 devices running Android 5.0 or newer.
- (750362) - Android: Fixed Cloth::SetUpSkinnedBuffers() crash.
- (none) - DX11/XB1: Fixed FP16 static batched mesh vertex compression to actually work there, was always decompressing to FP32 before.
- (none) - DX11: Fixed wrong VRAM detection on some Intel GPUs, resulting in shadows not being rendered.
- (none) - Editor: Fixed MissingMethodException when using some of the API from UnityEngine.WSA namespace.
- (754898) - GI: Fixed light probes / skybox ambient being wrong in some cases, 5.3 regression.
- (740808), (747666) - Global Illumination: Enlighten – Fixed an issue where Unity crashed if scene was unloaded before it got a chance to fully load.
- (752879) - Graphics: Fixed - Realtime reflection probes in some cases did not have trilinear filtering properly set on them.
- (691038) - IL2CPP: Ensure thread id is valid for all threads.
- (752737), (751428) - IL2CPP: Fixed an issue that caused a crash in Class::IsSubclassOf.
- (737529) IL2CPP: Fixed ExecutionEngineException being thrown on System.Reflection.MonoProperty::GetterAdapterFrame.
- (752153) - IL2CPP: Implemented out marshaling for arrays correctly.
- (746822) - IL2CPP: Implemented the Thread::Abort and Thread::ResetAbort methods. This should allow a Socket to be closed properly while another thread is waiting in a call to Accept or Connect on that socket.
- (749988), (733609) - IL2CPP: Properly cleanup when a native thread is cancelled rather than exiting normally.
- (750153) - IL2CPP: Provide a proper argument for instance methods on value types invoked via a delegate.
- (none) - iOS/IL2CPP: Fire all GC profiler events. Fixed GC data in internal profiler.
- (755365) - iOS/tvOS: Build all object files with correct SDK.
- (752178) - iOS: Added bitcode support.
- (750311) - iOS: Added Xcode 7.2 to iOS plugin compatibility list.
- (749289) - iOS: Duplicate another image layer when not all are defined.
- (none) - Linux: Fixed a corner case where tearing would occur on some WMs even with vsync enabled.
- (753595) - Mecanim: Fixed a bug where lights would not be animated in Legacy.
- (752847) - Mecanim: Fixed a bug where RectTransform couldn't be animated in Legacy.
- (none) - Metal: Wrongly claimed to support DXT1/DXT5 texture formats on iOS, and ETC on Mac.
- (691466) - Mono: Preserve non-volatile XMM registers across calls on 64-bit Windows during JIT compilation.
- (none) - OpenGL core: Fixed shaders with multiple const arrays.
- (755423) - Particles: Fixed error message spam on particle systems that have no particles (5.3.1 regression).
- (none) - SamsungTV: Fixed wrong jpg library access problem.
- (748904) - SceneManagement: Fixed the issue that script association was lost when another scene was loaded.
- (none) - SceneManagement: Fixed the issue that the unloaded scenes would be removed from the hierarchy when entering playmode, if they were first in the hierarchy
- (none) - Shaders: Fixed a bug in Standard shader GGX specular term, introduced in 5.3.
- (none) - Shaders: More proper environment reflection in Standard shader for very rough surfaces.
- (753925) - tvOS: Fixed rendering path selector in player settings.
- (756044) - tvOS: Fixed missing symbols for simulator builds.
- (none) - tvOS: Fixed UnityEngine.Apple.TV.Remote API access in editor.
- (740782) - UI: Fixed crash in some cases after deleting world space Canvas.
- (751207) - Windows Store Apps: Populate autorotation settings to screen manager.
- (752546) - Windows Store Apps: Fixed Directory.CreateDirectory() for forward slashes.