As part of Google’s ongoing developer conference Fun Propulsion Labs, a Google team dedicated to gaming, released the open source game Zooshi to showcase a number of just announced or updated game technologies. Zooshy is a 3D game that runs on Android, Android TV, Windows, OSX and Linux and is currently available for free on the Google Play Store. The source code is available on github under the Apache v2 open source license.
The technologies showcased by Zooshi include:
- Motive – animation system
- CORGI – an entity/component system
- FlatUI – immediate mode lightweight GUI
- Scene Lab – in game level editing
- Breadboard – node based scripting
- FPLBase – cross platform API for low level access
Now that’s a number of new technologies I currently know nothing about and will have to jump into in more detail shortly.
More details about the release are available here.