New features in this release:
- Adds a new declaration in the standard library, which imitates the
suspend modifier for lambda expressions
- Adds support for TestNG in
- Brings support for Android modules in multiplatform projects
- Introduces a new feature in kapt for reporting annotation processing errors along with proper links to the original Kotlin declarations
- Adds a lot of new inspections and intentions in the IntelliJ plugin and improves its performance
- Fixes bugs in the compiler and IntelliJ plugin
The update is compatible with all versions of IntelliJ IDEA from 2017.1 until 2017.3 and 2018.1 EAP, as well as with Android Studio 3.0.
If you are interested in getting started with Kotlin development, be sure to check out this excellent resource list.