Allegro is a venerable open source cross platform C++ game programming library with a fond place in my heart. In fact I just recently released a Allegro Tutorial series as a bit of a trip down memory lane. Earlier this week they released Allegro 5.2.4, a primarily fix based release.
Details of this release:
Fix errors when reading/writing 0 byte buffers (Bruce Pascoe).
Re-initialize TLS when Allegro is installed (Issue #865).
Don't initialize the trace mutex multiple times (Issue #874).
Fix 3D (non-projection) transforms with
Raspberry Pi port:
Remove limit on the working directory length.
Fix build with older Android NDKs.
glClear hack for Android 2.1.
- Make compositor bypass configurable in X11, and bypass only when fullscreen by default.
- Fix a few OSX retina scaling issues (Issue #851).
- Add support for bmfont format.
Native dialog addon:
Resize the display on Windows when hiding/showing the menu (Issue #860).
al_popup_menu fails to actually work under GTK (Issue #808).
Don't clear the top-level menu when destroying the popup menu.
Don't link in libm on MSVC for DUMB (Issue #847).
Don't use the LOCATION property (Issue #847).
Don't use SYSTEM for DirectX includes.
Add hints for mingw-w64 path locations for DirectX includes/libs.
- Fix the Python code-generation scripts to run under Python 2.
- Add script to generate LuaJIT C API for Allegro 5 (BQ).
- Many improvements (Andreas Rönnquist, others)
- Add a texture to the skybox in