Construct 3 release 29 was just, um... released. This release brings 22 changes and fixes, including the App Build Service now being live. The App Build Service enables you to create Android APK files, as well as the option to generate an XCode project for iOS deployment. Construct 3 is a cross platform HTML5 powered 2D game engine that recently moved to run directly in the browser. If you are new to Construct 3, we recently released this hands-on video which is also embedded below. Right now is a great time to check out Construct 3 as it is currently available for free for a brief period of time for the C3Jam on Newgrounds.
Details of the r29 release:
- App Build Service is now live!
- Settings option to hide 'Add action' rows in event sheets
- Drag-dropping multiple image files now creates a single sprite with an animation like C2 does, rather than separate sprites
- Event Sheet View: comments now preserve spaces/tabs
- Image editor eraser tool erases single pixel at size 1 and 4 pixels at size 2 for precise editing
- Added handling of storage errors, which ought to prevent crashes due to QuotaExceededError. Instead an error is shown suggesting to free up storage space.
- Inserting new objects in a popup layout view window didn't work correctly
- Dialogs in popup windows should now work correctly
- Possible crash closing a popup window with a dialog open in that window
- Double-clicking Text or SpriteFont objects in a popup window now opens the text dialog in the correct window
- 'On function' events referring to global constant strings now trigger correctly
- Rename family crash
- Eraser hardness when using a size of 1 or 2
- Image editor cut tool crashes
- Setting of the cursor when dragging a selection in the image editor
- Crash in the Tilemap Editor when trying to edit a tilemap in a locked layer
- Bug causing instances to change size when adding or deleting animations or frames in the animations editor
- Crash when opening the project bar from the main view menu while there is more than 1 active project
- Crash when closing the image editor
- Crash opening project that includes a layout with a partially valid name
- Autosave not reading setting object correctly
- Support for third-party behavior addons in the SDK