AirConsole is an interesting concept, essentially it is a local-multiplayer focused game store and API where users play using their smart phones. Essentially AirConsole provides a portal for HTML5 developed games that use their special API enabling users to connect and play local (couch) multiplayer games using their smartphone as a controller, developers in turn can make revenue via ads played on the service.
The contest pays a total of $10,000 USD to the winning game, then $2,500 and $1,000 to two runners up.
More details from the announcement:
Additional prices: 3 x Construct2 Business License
- First Place will be awarded prize money of USD 10’000
- Second Place will be awarded prize money of USD 2’500
- Third Place will be awarded prize money of USD 1’000
- Your game uses the AirConsole API and is fully controllable by Smartphone.
- Your game has not previously received any funding from AirConsole or participated in other AirConsole contests with the exception of the Fall 2016 Student Competition.
How to participate
The deadline for Submissions is February 26th 2017, 23:59h CET.
- Create a game or port an existing one using the AirConsole API or the AirConsole Unity Plugin and the guides & information available at developers.airconsole.com/
- Create a profile for your game on airconsole.com/developers
- Upload a .zip file of your build to said profile (you can do this more than once, not just for a final build)
- Fill out this Submission Form (includes a direct link to your final game upload)