Today there was a new release of the cross platform Lua powered Corona game engine. The upgrade brings iOS 10 SDK support and the ability to use Xcode 8. The primary reason behind this release was to remain compatible with Apple’s revised iOS/TvOS requirements.
Details from the release notes:
Release notes (2016.2949)
- macOS: improve reliability of “Copy to device” option on build dialogs; add “Retry” button for when you forget to plug in a device.
- Simulators: add missing “Borderless” skin in iPad Pro size.
- Fixed issue with splash screen code which caused stacktraces to appear for some people when the splash screen was disabled.
- macOS: Removed beta tag from iOS and tvOS building with Xcode 8.0.
- iOS, tvOS: fix issue which prevented apps being submitted to the App Store.
- macOS: Added Back key support for Android skins in Simulator (Hardware→Back).
- Core: Fixed crash when custom shader contains empty table. Casenum 5894470.
- Core: Added ability to read/write custom “app” preferences to storage. See APIssystem.getPreference(), system.setPreferences(), and system.deletePreferences().
- Android: Fixed a potential crash that can occur when an app with notification permissions is updated to remove said permissions. Casenum 40070.
- Windows: Fixed bug where “mouse” event would not provide a double right click or double middle click’s 2nd down phase.
- macOS, Windows: fix issue with app sometimes exiting when a build is requested. No casenum.
- Core: Fixes crash caused by an out-of-range frame index for Image Sheets when used with display.newImage(). Now it will display a warning message and default to the last frame in the Image Sheet (same behavior as with display.newImageRect()). Casenum: 47013.
- Physics: Fixed debug draw mode to show the real position of physics bodies in groups that have been scaled or translated. This doesn’t fix the issue with using physics objects in groups but will display the true location of the physics body in relation to the display object. Casenum: 46663.
- Windows, macOS: display a message in the console if an app closes becausenative.requestExit() was called. No casenum.
- Android: Fixed an issue where setting the
build.settings could only go as high as API Level 21 (Android 5.0). Now this can be set as high as API Level 23 (Android 6.0).
- Android – Enterprise: Added new APIs for interacting with packages on Android devices (PackageServices). These can be used to quickly tell if a package is installed and enabled on a device.
- Core: fixing new display objects not triggering scene update after
- macOS: Handle hung iOS device installs correctly. No casenum.
- Updated viewer subrepo to latest version.
- Core: fixing culling offscreen objects with
display.save(). Casenum 43011.
- Enterprise: fix issue with signing apps. No casenum.
- iOS: tweaks for iOS 10 beta.
- OS X: Support builds against iOS/tvOS 10.0 beta.
- Core: fixing crash when using TextureResourceCanvas as mask. Hit testing doesn’t work for these masks.
- Core: fixing TextureResourceCanvas not invalidating if released in same frame.
- Core: tweaking warning messages when fill images contain invalid data.
- Core: fixing containers sometimes affecting masked objects (casenum 46668).
- Core: fixing crash when changing masks within frame (casenum 46685).
- Windows: Improved clarity of text in top-right corner of the Welcome window (was blurry).
- Add total elapsed time to the “build succeeded” line for all build types.
- OS X, Windows: change build process to download built app directly from S3 to improve build latencies. No casenum.
- tvOS Enterprise: fixing various issues with bitcode.
- OS X: improve dafaults for Build dialog. Casenum 44272.
- Make the location of the output archive more deterministic.
- OS X: improve logging performance under some circumstances. No casenum.
- Fix issue with some iOS plugin builds.
- OS X, Windows: improve unconfigured plugins warning message. No casenum.
- Android: Fixed an issue introduced in build 2016.2825 where media.selectPhoto() andmedia.selectVideo() would fail on devices older than Android 4.1. Casenum 46579.
- OS X: don’t warn incorrectly about plugins in Desktop apps. Casenum 46336.
- OS X: fix issue with downloading very large apps during builds. No casenum.
- OS X: fix performance issues with native controls and mouse cursor on some computers. Casenum 46495.
- OS X: fix issue with running Simulator on OS X 10.9. No casenum.
- Remove references to
[NSString constainsString:] and replace with
- OS X: stop mouse and location events firing when Simulator is suspended. Casenums 46574, 44126.
- OS X: don’t include
build.settings in built app. No casenum.
- Android – Enterprise: Maintenance.
- Android – Enterprise: Fixed an issue where
PermissionsServices.findAllPermissionsInManifestForGroup() would return null if a permission was requested that doesn’t exist on the device, e.g.
"com.sec.android.provider.badge.permission.READ" on a non-Samsung device. Casenum 46616.
- Android: system.hasEventSource(“heading”) no longer assumes all Android devices have compass hardware.
- tvOS: adding native.showPopup(“appStore”); fixing error message for iOS.
- iOS Enterprise: added