BrashMonkey’s Spriter, an IK based 2D bone animation application, just release version r9. This package enables you to use traditional 3D style animation workflow to animate 2D sprites. Fixes and improvements from the release notes:
Additions and Enhancements
- Windows version now has access to an additional gig of RAM. Solves black image issue for very large projects.
- Added the ability to set a bounding box for animations using an automatic bounding box calculation
- Crash detection now extends until the program is successfully closed (rather than just after successful program startup)
- You can now nudge a pivot point one approximate pixel at a time using the arrow keys in the pivot point widget
- Canvas now updates changes from the pivot point widget in real time when character maps are active
- Fixed a bug that could cause certain projects to fail to save a spritesheeted version if the project used nested subdirectories
- Fixed a bug where changes made by editing a subentity's properties through the object widget would revert after unfocusing the object widget
- Fixed bug that resulted in scrubbing playing a split-second of the start of an audio clip when doing slow pixel by pixel audio scrubbing or scrubbing with snapping on
- Fixed a bug where exporting pngs/gifs would export any active onion skins
- Fixed a bug where it was possible for pixel art mode to sometimes save unrounded values. Now also attempts to repair unrounded values from previous version upon loading as well.
- Fixed a bug where children of IK locked parent bones would inherit properties even if that property's inheritance was disabled
- Fixed a bug where metadata (variables and tags) keys would disappear if moved when if the metadata timelines were collapsed
- Fixed a bug where the resize (drag arrow) controls for changing animation bounding boxes would zoom along with the canvas
- Fixed a bug where resizing a project would round all image sizes down. Now rounds image sizes to the nearest integer.
- Fixed a bug where resizing a project would save the original image sizes in the 'file' section of the scml/scon file
- Fixed bug where holding shift to use proportional scaling while resizing objects in canvas would cause erratic behavior or crashes if the pivot points were too close to the edge of the bounding box being dragged
- Fixed a bug where object properties widget cut off text on Windows machines with high DPI displays
- Fixed a bug where points which were children of parent bones with negative width or height would display their angles incorrectly