Nevigo have updated and changed the pricing for articy:draft, including a new subscription pricing option. articy:draft can be thought of as a project management and design solution specifically for game development, a sort of mashup between MS Project and Viseo, but geared towards game development.
Details on the new subscription model called FLEX pricing:
Finally the time has come: We roll out the FLEX license subscription model for all versions of articy:draft. This new license eliminates the initial costs of using articy:draft and gives you maximum flexibility to scale your team up and down. It is an additional licensing option, the purchase option is still available as well.
- Use articy:draft for a low monthly rate
- Subscriptions may be cancelled monthly
- Purchased and rented licenses can be mixed
- All updates and upgrades included
Additionally they have made changes to the existing licensing model:
We did some spring cleaning to our pricing model to make it easier and more transparent. The different server tiers and upgrade costs are gone, and the core products all come at the same price. Effectively, this leads to a price drop in many cases, especially when scaling up your previously “indie”-sized studio.
- One price for articy:draft, the API and articy:access
- Floating licenses available
- Unified shop experience for single and multi user
- Simplified costs when adding more licenses
They also added some hosting services and training options. Full details are available here.
GameDev News, Design