A new version of the popular open source Tiled Map Editor was released today, Tiled 0.15.2. Unless you happen to be Portuguese or Turkish (who received new translations in this update), there isn’t really a ton new in this release:
This small patch release ships with added Turkish translation and an updated Brazilian Portuguese translation! There are also some fixes, though they are more on the cosmetic side.
- Added Turkish translation (by Nuri Uzunoğlu)
- Fixed hiding of object labels when deleting an object layer
- Fixed updating of object label colors when changing object types
- TMX: Added image size attributes to image layer images
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese translation (by Laete Meireles)
The Tiled itch.io page3 has been updated with the new download links.
In the meantime, many features have been added on the development branch during January and February. And since editing of external tilesets1 is becoming a huge change, I plan to make a Tiled 0.16 release available in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!
If you are interested in learning more about Tiled, we have done an in-depth tutorial series here on GameFromScratch, that should get you up and running with ease.
GameDev News, Design