It’s been a while since the Blender 2.76 was released, but Blender 2.77 is getting closer with today’s release of Blender 2.77 RC2. This released doesn’t pack a ton of new features but what’s in there is certainly useful. You can read the full release notes here.
Major features of this release include:
- Blenders Cycles improvements (SSS, Performance, Smoke/Fire on GPU, Custom Bake Passes)
- UI Improvements including drag and drop onto file dialogs
- Boolean operators in edit mesh mode
- Automatic UV on object creation
- Cubemaps in 3D viewport and game engine support
- Massive Grease Pencil improvements including brush sculpting and improved keyframe copying support
I created a video showcasing some of the features available here or embedded below.