Marmalade SDK, a popular C++ and Lua based mobile focused game engine, just released version 8.2.1. Apple platforms certainly were the focus of this release with 3D touch and Watchkit support being the major new features. For details on the new 3D Touch support, check out this recently released tutorial.
From the release notes:
- Support for 3D Touch on iOS. See 'Detecting touch pressure' here
- Support for WatchKit extensions on iOS.
- Fixed App Store codesigning on PC.
- Added the ability to control the inclusion of extensions that contain IDFA. This is required by apps that were rejected from the App Store for inadvertently using IDFA. For more details see 'Preparing for binary upload' in the iOS Platform Guide
Changed since 8.2
- MSDK-2294 Fixed a bug where after cancelling the 'Create Deployment' dialog, a blank deployment page was shown.
- HUB-236 The Builds list and 'Last Build' were not updated correctly.
- MSDK-2311 Added ability to view/edit MKB from Hub.
- HUB-309 Fixed a bug where the log was not visible if something went wrong when opening a project.
- HUB-314 Could not create a deployment.mkf file with empty mkb.
- HUB-310 Provide a way to reset deployment settings of a project.
- HUB-125 Add ability to create multiple builds in the 'Builds' page.
- HUB-285 Fixed the Hub UI becoming unresponsive when building on Mac OS.
- HUB-302 Fixed the Configurations tab hanging after cancelling a save operation.
- MSDK-2317 Company name and publisher entries were not being set.
- MSDK-2361 Changes to the project's readme file weren't saved.
- MSDK-2254 Fix issue where removeNode() could not be called multiple times for a given object.
- MSDK-2265 If createSprite is called using a table, allow xScale and yScale to be defined if relativeScaleX/relativeScaleY are not given.
- MSDK-2276 Fix OSDateCallParam lunary test on OS X.
- MSDK-2280 Fix issue where QNode:setParent() was not setting the object in question as a child of the target.
- MSDK-2265 Fix Lunary test code to pass on PC.
- s3ePointer (MSDK-2208) Implemented support for reporting touch pressure using s3ePointer events. Currently supported on selected iOS devices with 3D Touch technology (iPhone 6S/6S Plus) and iPad Pro with Apple Pencil. See Detecting inputs for more information on detecting touch pressure.
- IwAnalytics (MSDK-2302) Deprecate IW_ANALYTICS_EXCLUDE_IDFA_SUPPORT - use new DISABLE macro S3E_EXT_IOSIDENTIFIERS_DISABLE_ON_IPHONE instead. (Remove need to recompile the iwanalytics module to switch behaviour).
- MSDK-2176 Fixed issue with Alt-F4 being ignored as a quit request when in fullscreen mode.
- MSDK-2334 Fixed regression in snprintf (and friends) in vc11 and vc12 builds where passing 0 for size would cause stack corruption or a crash
- s3eIOSWatch (MSDK-1255) Introduced s3eIOSWatch extension for data exchange between Marmalade apps and WatchKit 1.0 style app extensions (Apple Watch apps). See iOS specific functionality and tips for more information.
- s3eFacebook (MSDK-2210) iOS extension can now provide app activation analytics data to Facebook if EnableAppEvents ICF option is enabled.
- s3eGameCenter (MSDK-2209) Introduced a function to list multiple GameCenter achievements at the same time. Enabled control of achievement completion banner from updated s3eGameCenter example.