As per this blog post the first ever LibGDX game jam is happening in mid December and topic voting has begun. From the announcement:
The 10 Rules of Jamming
- You must use libGDX to create a game that fits the theme
- You may work alone or in a team. Only one submission per person/team is allowed
- You may use pre-existing code, e.g. libraries like Ashley, or your own code libraries
- You may use pre-existing art, e.g. assets from OpenGameArt, or your own art
- You may use external tools like Tiled or Overlap2D
- You must not re-skin an already existing game or prototype!
- You must submit your game before the end of the 18th of January via the jam’s site on itch.io (to be made public :))
- You must publish the source of your game, e.g. to GitHub
- You must submit your game to the itch.io libGDX Jam page before the end of day January 18th, UTC-12!
- If you want to win one of the sponsored prizes, you must tweet about your game and document its development, using the hashtag “#libGDXJam” and the handles “@robovm” and “@robotality”
Prizes & Judging
We are happy to have RoboVM and Robotality as sponsors for the following prizes:
- Grand Prize: Mac Mini, sponsored by RoboVM
- Silver: iPad, sponsored by RoboVM
- Bronze: iPod Touch, sponsored by RoboVM
- For 20 random submissions: Steam keys for Halfway, sponsored by Robotality
- For another 5 random submissions: libGDX Jam t-shirt, by yours truely
To qualify for any of the prizes, you’ll need to follow rule 10 as outlined above. Judging works as follows:
- The community can vote on itch.io from the 19th of January to the 2nd of February
- The Grand Prize will be awarded to the entry with the highest community votes on itch.io. This way the highest quality entry will win!
- The Silver and Bronze prizes will be awarded to the entries with the best mixture of dev logs and tweets and community votes. Our sponsors and the libGDX core team will pick these entries. This should motivate people to make some noise on the web and document their progress for the greater good of the community!
- The random awards guarantee that everyone has a chance to win a prize!
- The winners will be announced on the 3rd of February!
To view suggested comments and to cast your vote, head on over here.