Title pretty much says it all, Unity 4 is now available. Not a huge shock given the beta release announced two weeks ago.
The key new features are:
- Direct X 11 rendering
- New target platform: Flash
- New target platform: Linux
- Updated image effects including
- New water shaders and prefabs
- Render to texture effects
- Full screen effects such as Depth of Field, Color correction, lens effects, etc. (Pro only)
- Shuriken particle system
- Lightmap Baking
- Mobile profiler (Pro only)
- Cross platform font rendering
- Hardware cursor api
- New project browser with fast integrated search
Unity Pro is priced at 1500$.
Unity “Base” is still free.
iOs, Android and Flash are each 400$. Linux appears to be included in the base package.
No details given on upgrade pricing.
For more details click here.
My personal 2cents, it doesn’t really look like a full version upgrade to me. The new targets were announced in 3.x, at first glance I’m not really seeing any reason to upgrade. What do you think?