After a 4 month pause, there has been a new Moai release. They also removed sign up requirements to download the SDK ( which was misleading before, so nice move ) as well as added nightly builds for those that like to walk on the wild side.
The biggest new features are android keyboard support ( finally! ), better threading and off screen frame buffering. The full changelog is below
tTerrainMask () to MOAIPathFinder; renamed setTerrainScale () to setTerrainWeight ()
* Some work has been done on threading. Check MOAIThread.
* added support for default texture; finished async load; samples for async texture load
and default texture
* added support in MOAIDataBuffer to detect zip files, inflate on load; added inflate on load
support to MOAIDataIOTask
* moai coding style guide in .doc format
* first phase of offscreen rendering architecture completed
* added setClearColor () to MOAILayer
* samples to test multiple viewports inside an offscreen buffer
* integrated sfmt random number generator
* Merged playnomi contribs to MOAIImage, MOAIImageTexture, MOAIParticleSystem and MOAIParticlePexPlugin
by Adam Villalobos ( https://github.com/adamvillalobos )
* Adding GCM support ( replacing C2DM ) to Android host.
* Adding file not found log if a texture file fails to load
* Fixing build errors for DataTaskIO
* Fixing issue with setting visibility not properly updating dependencies
* Fixing bug with Font reloading on Android
* Added Android keyboard support
by John Copic ( https://github.com/JohnCopic )
* Adding sfmt lib to android build.
by JoakimBlomberg ( https://github.com/JoakimBlomberg )
* Script node apply of attributes should unpack attribute id or it will not be applied
by Bogdan Tatarov ( https://github.com/btatarov )
* adding MOAIUnitzSound::_getFilename()
by mxttie ( https://github.com/mxttie )
* updated box2d physics sample adding mouse manipulation using mouse joint
by Tommo Zhou ( https://github.com/tommo )
* fix edge case that new-created-paused action cannot receive further update
* fix: MOAIImageTexture not override OnInvalidate
by Antonio ( https://github.com/antback )
* Initial Camera Support for iOS
by sporksmith ( https://github.com/sporksmith )
* Log file-open failures
by Clement Farabet ( https://github.com/clementfarabet )
* Fixed VSYNC issue for OSX host.
* Added missing files to iOS (XCode) project.
by Francisco Tufro ( https://github.com/franciscotufro )
* Several fixes in build systems for all platforms
* New release script in bin/distribute
by Stephen Belanger ( https://github.com/Qard )
* Recommended to enable this with C-Ares
by Ben Borowski ( https://github.com/typeoneerror )
* Adds call to FMOD update to iOS sample project.
by Robert Wahler ( https://github.com/robertwahler )
* GlutHost will run "main.lua" if host binary is called without arguments
* add Lua global 'arg' that mimics the lua/luajit built-in global 'arg' to GlutHost
by Alexey Zankevich ( https://github.com/Nepherhotep )
* MOAIJsonParser fix - checking if lua number is integer has been added
* Added EVENT_PAUSE, EVENT_RESUME events to MOAISim
* Fixed MOAIEnvironment.screenDpi nil issue for Android
* Fixed MOAIEnvironment.screenDpi nil issue for iOS host
by Seebs ( https://github.com/seebs )
* Clarify description of textbox color escapes, fixing one typo and reducing confusion
between number of bits and number of values represented.
* build.sh: Terser output
* add (untested) support for controlling GL blend equations.
by ChairGraveyard ( https://github.com/ChairGraveyard )
* Add support for collideConnected flag to MOAIBox2DWorld::_addRopeJoint
by out-of-pixel ( https://github.com/out-of-pixel )
* Fixed last Key Error from MOAIAnimCurve
by superquadratic ( https://github.com/superquadratic )
* Fix Clang 4.2 (Xcode 4.6) Compiler Warnings
They also changed the file structure as follows:
bin/ Development binaries for Windows and MacOSX, Linux will be added soon
docs/ Documentation for this release and attribution images
hosts/ Source and IDE projects for the different platform's hosts
include/ Include headers
lib/ Compiled (static and/or dynamic) libraries for all the supported platforms
samples/ Moai SDK feature samples
Head on over to the Moai website to download.